One thing that we have all experienced is our concerns with Seat Availability in Indian Railways, getting a confirmed ticket in Indian trains is not an easy task and on top of this the introduction of online rail ticket booking though booking tickets have become easier but getting a confirmed ticket harder. We will here help you with the steps or method to find or check the seat availability in train.
The Indian Railways seat availability can be easily checked online from the official website of Indian Railways - Check below for the steps to check accommodation availability enquiry on trains till departure.
Guidelines to check railways seat availability:
Step 1: Go to
Step 2: Enter the train number and journey date or you can also directly click the calendar icon to choose the journey date.
Step 4: Enter the source station code as well as the destination station code.
Step 5: Select the Class that you want to travel in like - Second seating, Sleeper, first class, AC chair car, 3 AC Economy, third AC, second AC, first AC.
Now if you are not accustomed with the Indian Railway vocabulary, worry not we will help you in understanding the different classes -
- AC First Class - Private compartment with 2 or 4 berths depending upon the train. It is the best class and also the costliest. AC first class in most of the trains provide waiter service on call, complete privacy with sliding doors, cloth hangers, comfortable legroom and bathroom.
- AC 2 Tier - It is the lower level next to the AC first class. It normally has two berths on each side that is separated from train corridor space by curtains.
- AC 3 Tier - The AC 3 tier is the best choice for people who want to have a comfortable journey on budget. It has 3 seats on each side in a coupe making it a little bit congested.
- AC Chair Car - The AC Chair Car are found on trains that travel for shorter distances with a travel time of around 5-7 hours.
- Sleeper Class- The sleeper class is similar to the AC 3 tier but it does not have AC. Travelling in sleeper class can be the cheapest but it can also be uncomfortable as it is the most crowded one and the washrooms are normally not clean.
Step 6: Select any quota that may be applicable
Step 7: After clicking on ‘Get Availability’ a list of all trains between the mentioned stations will be displayed.
Step 8: Select the train for which you wish to check Seat availability
Step 9: Click the button - Check status
In order to check the seat availability details of any preferred train of yours you just have to follow the above mentioned steps. Using these steps you can check the seat availability details of various trains like - Rajdhani Express Seat Availability, Shatabdi Express Seat Availability, Gatimaan express seat availability etc.